Nivi's Adventures

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Swishing in the Swiss Snow

I finally got to experience one of the biggest perks about living in London - having the likes of Switzerland on your doorstep. I was lucky enough to get to go on my company's all expenses paid 'conference' in Davos, Switzerland over the weekend. We left work midday Thurs 7th Feb, returned on Sunday night and all I had to pay for was my lunch on Saturday. Nice.

Also rather nice was the fact the conditions at Davos were as perfect as they come. 20cm of powder on Thursday night, sunshine and no clouds all weekend :) Perfect way to become reacquainted with the slopes I've missed while I've been busy chasing summers over the last 2 years!

View from the cable car


Team building activity - make a bar, igloo and sculpture


One of the runs - Phil and Ben (from work) are just in the middle left.


Me, Guido (instructor) and Ben



Sigh. Does it get much better than this?



You can ski right into town and then I had a 5min walk to the hotel.


The coach ride to Zurich on Sunday.

6 Comments:

  • About time we heard something from you! been waiting for an update for aaaaaaages

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:37 am  

  • Apologies my dear, a decent enough post to break the drought?

    Got a couple more posts knocking about in my head, will get round to getting them on 'paper' soon :)

    By Blogger Nivi, at 9:54 am  

  • I have to say: If you weren't a nice person, I would hate you just a little for that post. Still a few months off the ski season here, although we did get snow on the tops last night, and the Remarkables are looking pretty again :-) I am suffering from Snowboarding withdrawal.
    Andrea

    By Blogger Andrea and Greg, at 4:09 pm  

  • Wow. That looks cliche-worthy spectacular. What a trip! What weather! So glad it was an awesome weekend hon, looking forward to more blogs soon ;-)
    A
    xxx

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:51 am  

  • Ah, you made it to Davos! Looks like great conditions. We were there last year... pretty sweet skiing experience, but snow was mixed. Transport is handy and food is ridiculous. Go the Jakobshorn.

    By Blogger Luke Baxter, at 8:41 am  

  • Nice one Niv - nothing like a free trip to another country! You are one lucky chick! :-)

    By Blogger Bex, at 9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home