Nivi's Adventures

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vasi & Majuran's Wedding!

A little overdue I realise, but I've been recovering... I confess I never thought it would be quite so stressful! No matter though, it was a lovely day in the end - although I still can't quite believe my sister is a married woman!

As I'm sure you'll all understand, I didn't have the opportunity to carry my camera around with me on this day so for the first time all the photos in this post are from other sources - a few from Michelle Wöbcke, the official photographer, but some rather spectacular ones from my friend David. I didn't copy all of his photos but if you want to look at some more amazing pics from the day - check out David's blog http://davidstgeorge.blogspot.com




Finishing touches ;)





The ballroom for the ceremony

The mandap or altar

Entrance of Majuran on the right and Nim our cousin the tholan or best man



Arrival of the bride with her posse. Me, Mythily (Majuran's sister & the tholi, sort of chief bridesmaid)




Tying of the thali - the wedding necklace which signifies a woman is married.


Me blessing the newly minted married couple

The newest family pic!

2 Comments:

  • I think I'm going to invite David along on my next holiday. THose photos are awesome

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:33 am  

  • Hey Vasi/Nivi (accas?)
    Just wanted to congratulate the newlyweds - I got a chance to look at the pics and they're awesome - you guys look stunning!

    "Wishing you A house full of sunshine, Hearts full of cheer, Love that grows deeper each day of the year." - some guy

    Nivi, looks like you've had quite the adventure- great pictures btw and i've enjoyed reading your blog!

    I hope things are well with uncle and aunty- hopefully not too exhausted from the wedding..

    well, i'm leaving my e-mail with you! Keep in touch(msn?)! Keep it Real.

    k_arul22@hotmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home