Nivi's Adventures

Monday, March 24, 2008

Museums and Birthday Brunch!

Vasi's Birthday was on Easter Monday so I caught up with her for brunch. (I've finally moved out of her place - well for a short time anyway - I'm currently house sitting with a friend in Bethnal Green.)

So being one to always seize the day, I decided Monday morning was the day to finally check out an exhibit at the beautiful British Museum that I'd been wanting to see for ages - The First Emperor: China's Terracotta Army.

The advance tickets sold out months ago so the only way to see it was to queue for one of the 500 daily tickets released on a first come first served basis... I was on the bus at 6:30, and standing in the queue by 7:00am! I was standing in the cold (prob about 5 deg) for about 2 hours with joints starting to ache, when I should really have been asleep, but I managed to get a ticket so it was worth it in the end!

After the museum, I headed to Fulham for brunch with my big sis and a fun afternoon ensued :)

The queue at about 8:00, one hour before I got there and one hour before it opened. I was about 50 people from the front

The queue, stretching around the block! Heard a staff member saying there were probably about 700 people queued by the time the museum opened!






Not quite as good as the real thing but no photos allowed. The detail on the terracotta soldiers was phenomenal. They were life size, they all different facial features, hairstyles - amazing!


I walked part of the way to brunch - from Holborn to Victoria. Mainly because it was snowing and I've never been in a city during snow! It was cold, but fun :)


I'd been in the cold and not had breakfast- you can understand my joy at having cake!


Birthday cuddles :)

Getting Majuran to join in in the Birthday cuddles :)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home