Nivi's Adventures

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Ides of March

I for some strange reason seem to remember dates, so it didn't escape me that the 15th March 2008 was my 2 year anniversary of leaving NZ on my OE.

I guess when I left NZ I never had a timeframe for when I would return; I figured I would be away for at least 2 years, but as I hit that milestone I realise that although I miss my family and friends like crazy, I'm not quite ready to come home...

London has so many things to offer - within the last week I went to my first ever gig at the famous Roundhouse (DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist performing the Hard Sell), went to a brilliant hip hop dance adaptation of 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' and even managed to get a spot of nature in - I ambled through Regents Park and walked up Primrose Hill admiring the daffodils sprouting in force!

Perhaps the culmination of the week however, was Sat night dinner at Navodi's place with Hina, another friend from the St Christopher's days. The food was v tasty (thanks Nav!), the wine was fine (not hard when it's Oyster Bay) but the company was simply sumptuous! We were friends back in primary school and hadn't been all together for about 15 years but the conversation & laughs flowed like we were the best of friends who'd never been apart :)

Spending the night with some of my oldest friends in the world - not a bad way to celebrate my little milestone :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home