Nivi's Adventures

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Last day in Israel - for real

So the reason this was our last day 'for real' was cos, as per the entire trip, we got home really late. 04:11 to be precise, and needed to be up at 05:00 to drop Rick and Tom at the airport in time for their flight. I napped for the 45mins and then went along to make sure Asaf stayed awake on the drive home. After getting home I pottered around and slept some more before saying my goodbyes to Asaf's awesome family and the man himself.

I also found out the 'special treatment' I received at the airport wasn't exclusive to me. I got questioned on entering the airport, twice at pre-screening (the girl had to get her supervisor to question me), they did a search of my pack before check-in and then a thorough hand luggage check.

  • Why were you in Dubai?
  • Have you kept in touch with anyone you met in Egypt or Jordan?
  • How long were you in Malaysia?
  • So you're New Zealander but you live in London now?
  • Born in Sri Lanka, so what religion are you?
  • What languages do you speak?

Hard core! I spose the thing I found most surprising was that all the security was leaving the country - I would have thought it would more be entering the country... Ah well you learn something new everyday!

All in all, Israel was a simply magnificent trip, one of the best holidays ever! All the people I encountered were friendly & interesting and everyone seems to speak wonderful english! And the sights were phenomenal!!! It's almost unbelievable to have so much history steeped in one country!

To Asaf and his family (and Rick for insisting I come along) TODA! It was balagan!

Just one last random pic. You know you're in Israel when you have to watch out for bicycles and orthodox jews! ;)

4 Comments:

  • Well, I've always thought you were dodgy! About time the authorities woke up ;p

    By Blogger Bree, at 9:23 pm  

  • Perhaps it was also the fact that you were going to London ;-)

    By Blogger Emily, at 1:11 am  

  • I think they just don't like Kiwis, I am constantly harrassed at airports and given extra patdowns and questioning, as well as an array of new machines that do assorted things to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:54 pm  

  • Really? I haven't had too much trouble, and when I do, I usually assume (rightly or not) that it's cos I'm not white skinned...

    Interesting to hear your opinion though - by the way, Who are you? ;)

    By Blogger Nivi, at 4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home