Nivi's Adventures

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Transient no more!


So I'm currently still in London, but not for much longer! Just as my working holiday was drawing to a close, I finally decided that this city was a pretty cool place to live and I'd like to stay here a bit longer... Typical eh? ;-) However I've applied for another visa which will allow me to live/work in the UK but as I haven't heard anything back yet, I have been relegated to mere tourist. Sitting idle, unable to work, in one of the most expensive cities in the world while I await the result of my visa application wasn't a particularly appealing (or financially feasible!) option so I cast about looking for work. By quite a stroke of fortune I've scored myself a 6month telecoms contract, starting on the 1st of June... back at Vodafone NZ!

Yes I know not it's not particularly exotic (well to kiwis anyway) and I'm a bit unimpressed to have 2 winters on the trot, but I am quite excited to be coming home for a while to spend time with my family and friends. I intend to return to the UK in 2009 but 'going with the flow' is a skill I've honed over the last 2 years so I guess you'll just have to wait for the next exciting installment to find out what actually pans out.

In the meantime I will keep blogging (already have a week snowboarding in Queenstown sorted) so the posts/photos should keep coming.

Thanks for reading!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home