Nivi's Adventures

Sunday, August 10, 2008

A town fit for a Queen!

and no, I'm not referring to myself when I say that...

When European settlers came upon an area with a gorgeous lake and beautiful snow capped mountains, they proclaimed it a town fit for a queen, which is apparently how Queenstown in the South Island of NZ got its name. It's now the adventure capital of the NZ and the place to go for a fun-filled adventure, which is exactly what I did!

A scenic lookout on the Crown Range road (way to get to Cardrona, a ski field)


Me at Cardrona :)


Perhaps the most quaint pub in NZ and an obligatory stop after a day on the slopes!

The perils of leaving your water bottle in the car overnight in chilly QT.


The view from the deck of the house we hired.


The gang! (And see, I was being honest about the house - check the background is the same as the pic above :)


Lake Wakatipu
The lake is 400m deep (its floor is 100m below sea level) and there's a cool Maori legend which explains why the water level rises and falls 12cm every 5minutes!



And last but not least, Kawarau Bridge, the site of the first commercial bungy jump (and where I did my first jump a couple of years back :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home