Nivi's Adventures

Monday, July 17, 2006

Parents in London

So as I think I mentioned in my last post, after leaving Bahrain, my parents came back to the UK to hang out with me and my sis for 3 weeks. Vasi was off work for 2 of those weeks but we didnt do much other than just spend a bit of time together. It was nice to be back as a family again, I think especially for my parents who found it hard to have their both their daughters move out of home (and across the world!) within 3 months of each other.

Anyway below are photos of some of the stuff we got up to... I think that because I wasn't in 'tourist, must take photos' mode I didn't end up taking a family photo of just us which is a bit of a bummer!


A family trip to Bornemouth Beach on a gorgeous sunny day, I didn’t think England got such lovely weather!


GNYANASARIYAR SPORTS MEET

So this was a ‘Sports Day’ for people who used to go to Gnyasariyar Primary School in Jaffna, Sri Lanka (well it was more for their kids/grandkids). Gnyanasariyar was the primary school that both my parents went to when they were kiddies so it was fantastic to see my parents so stoked as they met heaps of people that they hadn’t seen for a really really long time. I remember chatting with a lady my mum used to go to school with – they hadn’t seen each other for over 25 years! And hearing stories about my dad when he was a kid from one of his teachers was good fun too! Again, a glorious summer's day in London!




PARTY @ PERIAPPA & PERIAMMA'S

While my parents were in London, Periappa (my dad’s older brother) was back in London for a holiday (he currently works in Malaysia). It was his birthday so we had a bit of a party, watched the football and Periamma (my aunt) insisted we celebrate Vasi & Majuran’s engagement too so out came the champagne!


The happy couple (Vasi & Majuran).

All the rest of the photos from this night seem to have me stuffing my face so they're not making it onto the internet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home