Nivi's Adventures

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The London Sevens

A bunch of us went out to Twickenham on Sunday to catch the action of Day 2 of the Sevens. It was a fun day out - catch some good rugby and bask in the London sun which finally came out 2 weeks after I arrived...

L to R: Alison, Vasi, Robyn, Quizzy, me, Simon and Manick


The boys in black thanking the crowd after losing to Fiji 21-17 in the semi finals.


The mighty Fijian team warming up to take on Samoa in the final, which they won 54-14 to take the London Sevens crown as well as the IRB Series


There were quite a few unexpected results along the way, Samoa beat SA 24-14 and England 15-7, Portugal beat Scotland 24-12, Kenya beat Argentina 19-14. My personal favourite was so unbelievable I had to capture it on film!

Russia 21 - Australia 5! Very very unusual scoreline for rugby!


And a photo with Gordon Tietjens - NZ's coach! He was just wandering around by the ticket area so I seized the opportunity for a snap. I can add this to my photos with the Warriors, John Hart and the French Sevens team! Now where's Richie McCaw??? ;)

1 Comments:

  • Richie's back here in NZ, with me and Joe! :D

    By Blogger Bree, at 3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home