Nivi's Adventures

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Transfer in NYC

OK this is just a quick post but one that I need to do as it was an experience I'll never forget. I had finally finished my stint in Canada and was going to Washington DC, Boston and New York. However I had to transfer (and spend the night) in New York. Man, what an experience! Apart from all the people, this was the first thing I saw as I stepped out of Penn St Station, into New York City!
Yip, it's Madison Square Garden!

I was all like no, it can't be "THE Madison Sq Garden, but finally realised that it was indeed!" I walked on towards my hostel and was subjected to a complete (but not unpleasant!) assault on the senses. The sound of some guy hailing cabs for hotel guests using a whistle, the smell of hotdogs being offered up by the street vendors and then of course the lights of NYC! What a brilliant city!

Anyway I'm not going to go into the details of NY now (the dedicated post is coming!) but I had to share the experience of "I can't believe I'm in New York City!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home