Nivi's Adventures

Monday, February 26, 2007

Southern Delights - Nelson & White Water Rafting

Having extended my stay in NZ to late March, I thought what better way to make use of this time than to get out and see more of our beautiful country. So when Rick (the friend I stayed with in San Fransisco) mentioned a tramp (hike) in the South Island I was definitely up for it! We flew into Nelson on Sunday arvo and headed to Murchison on Monday morning for some whitewater rafting on the Buller River.

Sunday night in Nelson - The view from dinner

Listening to the safety instructions before going rafting. The person taking the photos must have tried her hardest to make sure I wasn't viewable ;) I'm actually in the photo, behind Kate, the girl in the black helmet.


Easy forward!

Mystical!

Yay, baby rapids!

Nivi not listening to the guide's instruction to paddle forward as I did not want to be under the cold waterfall. Wuss I know - but it was cold!

Saving the best for last - Ariki Falls, about a 4m drop


Success!

1 Comments:

  • Awesome photos, kitten! I love the one of your hand poking out behind the girl in the black helmet... perfectly posed! ;p
    xXx

    By Blogger Bree, at 1:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home