Nivi's Adventures

Friday, July 20, 2007

Oxford

OK I realise I have been exceedingly slack with keeping my blog updated, but I guess better late than never... I visited Emily and Peter in Oxford the weekend of 20/21 July, luckily we managed to find a weekend we were both free as they are about to move to Reading.

I had visited Em & Peter in Oxford before, but it was when my other Kiwi friends (Anna & Matt) were over visiting so I was so distracted by them I never did the touristy stuff. So this time round, I made sure I did a walking tour. It was very interesting to hear detailed info about Oxford - I've had an infatuation with Oxford University since I read an article about it in National Geographic probably about 15 years ago (in fact I'm pretty sure I still have the clipping in my parent's house somewhere). Anyway, enough of the blab, photos!

Exeter College


The Quad of Jesus College

The Dining Room of Jesus College.
Note the portrait of Old Boy, Lawrence of Arabia





The house that Bill Clinton lived in when he studied here as a Rhodes Scholar


Christ Church College - the old college of Lewis Carroll, author of Alice in Wonderland


After my walking tour, Emily joined me (Peter was recording in the studio with his band) and we checked out the Museum of the History of Science.

Blurry, but check out this magic Tamil Square!


The Tamil has changed a little bit over the times (or maybe I need to start going to Tamil lessons again ;)


Ah, another infatuation I had, with all things related to the Titanic. This newspaper is actually from 1914!

And the last "must do" that I had for Oxford...

Kinda geeky I know, but where better to get an OED but in Oxford! Perhaps one of the most 'grown up' things I have ever purchased :)

3 Comments:

  • hahaha, I got a swiss army knife in Geneva, and scissors beat paper!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:34 pm  

  • Craig, I literally laughed out loud (at my desk at work!) when I read your comment :)

    By Blogger Nivi, at 5:19 am  

  • now if he just keeps going a little further north and picks up a rock from the rockies...

    By Blogger Mrs O, at 6:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home