Nivi's Adventures

Monday, October 02, 2006

Relaxing in Sunny Salvador

OK I realise this is quite late if you're reading my blog as I upload the posts so apologies!

So anyways, after my full on weekend in Rio last weekend, and heading out on Friday night with Joanalia and her friends, I decided to have a quiet one this weekend. The sun was back out after a week of rain so I made use of that by a beach visit (not hard when all you have to do is cross the street) and a bit of pampering. I got me a massage (1 hr for approx 20NZD) and get this girls - a manicure and pedicure for about 10NZD!

It was also the general elections in Brasil on Sunday, so finally all the campaigning will come to a end. I'm quite sick of the crazy people waving flags on the footpath, that come close to gouging out your eyes! Caraca! Something I found kinda incongruous in the 'developing nation' that is brasil, was that the polls are electronic, so that on Sunday night itself the results were in. (However Brasil's voting system is a little complicated, so it's not final yet with President Lula is out or not yet...)

OK well enough for this somewhat random post - até logo!

1 Comments:

  • Nice! I would get a manicure and a pedicure every week if I was there - heck I could probably do it every day!!!

    By Blogger Bex, at 1:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home