Nivi's Adventures

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Observations - The Weather

Well I'm all up-to-date with my postings now, and with only 12 days left in Brasil, I don't have any more adventuring planned (and therefore photos of beautiful places). So instead, with the rest of my time here, I thought I'd share with you some of the things I've observed in my 3 months here. I'll try and organise my thoughts a bit, but be warned that in all probability, it's gonna jump here and there a bit, sorry!

I don't have much time for a long post now, but I figured if I can't make you jealous with photos, I'd try another method :)

THE WEATHER
So I arrived in Salvador at the beginning of August, which is 'winter' here. The rainy month is September, and although it did rain, sometimes quite heavily, it's never cold on the skin. And now, it seems like summer's here with a vengeance!

I've haven't been holding back in sampling the different foods of Brasil, especially the delicious desserts ;) so to ensure that I still fit into some of my clothes, I go for a run along the beach most mornings. But sheesh it gets hot! Even by 6:30am the direct sun is pretty warm! Caramba! No worries though, the ocean breeze and fresh, cold coco verde (green coconut) at the end of my run is quite refreshing :)

And now for the make you jealous bit - haha! (Source of ultimate weather proof is the BBC)


OK this I would expect of London in autumn - but it doesn't make my pending return any easier to hack!

But Auckland! What up with this!?! :(

And my beautiful Salvador! Please note that the max temp is more than 15deg warmer than both London & Auckland - and the min temp is more than London's maximum! Brrr! Vasi, can I borrow a pair of rugby socks when I get to London :(

4 Comments:

  • Wellington = balmy 16 degrees and wind is blowing birds out of trees :)

    By Blogger David, at 5:10 pm  

  • Heya Niv. Dave O here. Also note that the max temp in Salvador is more than the sum of the two max temps for London and Auckland.... You'll get back and you'll be all, no, wait, you already are!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:24 pm  

  • I thought I'd be a smart arse and find something that was better in NZ than Brasil. In doing so I stumbled over some shockingly scary crime stats that indicate NZ has the 2nd highest per capita crime rate in the world! I mean, wtf?!

    By Blogger Bree, at 7:54 pm  

  • Nivi, you'll need more then rugby socks my dear! At least winter in England actually feels like a REAL winter. Dark in the morning dark in the evening and dark in the day, throw in some cold and why would you miss NZ? knowing most people are probably near a beach!

    By Blogger Emily, at 1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home