Nivi's Adventures

Thursday, March 30, 2006

From Seattle to Vancouver

So on the morning of my birthday I got myself to the train station and boarded the train for Canada - and it was a cool ride!

This is a photo I took from the train (Puget Sound is the water) and the scenery was pretty much like this for the 4 hour train ride.

I eventually got to Vancouver where I was staying with Jean (a friend from school). We had a good yarn at home before going out for my birthday dinner at a lovely Japanese restaurant, where I tried plum wine for the first time - very yummy! I did miss not having family and friends around for my birthday, but one thing that I enjoyed for the first time in 12 years was a birthday in springtime! And nothing spells spring like daffodils and cherry blossoms :) I love NZ, but autumn birthdays are sucky!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home