Nivi's Adventures

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

California Dreaming


So Rick, my friend from Engineering School from the University of Auckland, kindly picked me up from the airport (where I didn't have any hassles at all!) and drove me back to his flat where I am staying. Panoramic Way is the name of the street and it lives up to its name - this is the view from Rick's room. That's San Francisco city on the left and the Golden Gate Bridge on the right.

I met Rick's flatmates - Asaf from Israel and Lola from Peru, who are both fellow students at Berkley. (I'll put some photos in the next post.)

The rest of the day was spent at: Costco's (crazy 'supermarket' kinda place but they sell everything in bulk), wandering around Berkley University's campus and then preparing food for a small dinner party. I got to bed about 1:30am so I decided that I deserved a good sleep in on the 16th given I had spent 29 hours awake on the 15th (15 hours in NZ and another 14 hours in the US)

2 Comments:

  • That is quite a view! I'm pleased to hear your commute was satisfactory :)

    By Blogger David, at 1:43 pm  

  • I love Costco! It is HUGE!! I went there when I was in LA! :-)

    By Blogger Bex, at 12:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home